Friday, January 28, 2011

Music from John Schneider - check it out.

What an awesome surprise! John Schneider has made available his favorite could-have-been hit singles on ReverbNation. There are songs here that I haven't heard for years, because I wore out the album or snapped the tape. 

ALL of these songs are great and worth more than a single listen.  My old favorites are An Old Rainbow Jukebox & The One Who Got Away.  In the One Who Got Away, I love the country, early 20th century, Dixieland jazz sound, and John sings it so sassily and sexily.  I agree with him this would have most definitely been a huge hit.  I cannot listen to this song without singing along and thinking about The Sting with Robert Redford and Paul Newman (I know Paul should come first, but I have always been a Sundance girl, lol.)

A couple of my new favorites are I Need Someone to Miss and The Broken Promise Land.  I love the Nature of the Beast because John isn't afraid to take a musical exploration. I was happy to take the trip with him and enjoyed every second of it.

Now if only Hollywood would allow John the opportunity for more adventurous exploration in his acting. His roles on Leverage, Nip Tuck, Smallville and Twenty-six Miles allowed him to flex his acting muscle. I can only imagine the great things that are to come.

Doonby the Movie will be released later this year and I can honestly say that I can't wait to see it.

Listen and Enjoy!


No comments: