Wednesday, March 23, 2011

JRS or BUST: 2 Days!

Awesome photo I found on Alan Mercer's Profile, best John Schneider pictures I have seen to date.

I think this countdown may cure me of any future need to countdown anything.  I don't think I can make it to T- 0.  Mr. Strwrsgrl says that all my insanity from this week and throughout the Orlando MegaCon weekend is forgiven in advance and not to worry about it.  He is a saint because I would have killed me by now.

An already emotional week has gotten even more so when I found out that my favorite female movie star, and I use that term rarely, has passed - Elizabeth Taylor (1932 - 2011). So today of all days, I will need my John Schneider multimedia fix more than ever.  I'm watching an alternating schedule of Elizabeth Taylor films and John Schneider projects, otherwise I will be crying all day.  The only other celebrity that I truly mourned was Walter Matthau because of what he meant to me and my father.  My husband and I both truly enjoy his work as well.  My father is also the one who introduced me to classic films and from an early age Elizabeth Taylor has been my favorite classic movie actress.  Yes it's unavoidable that Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful woman, but it was her skill as an actress that I love.


"What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof?
Just staying on it I guess...long as she can."
Elizabeth Taylor will always be Maggie the Cat to me.

Likewise, I am a John Schneider fan not because he has a handsome face. (Okay, partly because he has a handsome face.) But, it takes much more than good genes from your parents and opportunity to do what John Schneider has with his career.  He is both a talented singer/musician and actor/producer/director who has done a lot of great philanthropic work - before it was fashionable in Hollywood. My dream is to one day see him accept an Oscar/SAG for his work.  I hope we both live long enough for Hollywood to give him the opportunity because he has the drive and the talent.

I know that I sound like a total sap, but this coming weekend is more than a fan meeting their icon. It is a chance for me to meet someone who has been a friend and role model to me, though we have never met.  He has delivered the right words and laughs through various characters and like today cheered me up when I was down.

I think art is about human beings communicating with each other in mind and soul through various mediums: paintings, film, theater, television, music, dance, books, etc.  I have been touched by his acting and his music and that is more than most people can say about friends they see everyday.

And...being his fan is just plain fun, of which I am going to have a mess of this weekend.

Yeehaa!

No comments: